New measures for Christmas and New Year are already known – Leiria region

tcadmin

On New Years Eve, from December 31 to January 1, there will be a curfew from 11 p.m. and on January 1, 2 and 3 at 1 p.m., the prime minister announced today.

“Contrary to what we announced 15 days ago […], we must completely stop the New Year’s celebrations ”, declared António Costa, after the meeting of the Council of Ministers.

The Prime Minister, António Costa, warned this Thursday 17, that “just after Christmas, a great containment effort must be made”, which motivated the government to have to apply “the hand brake” for Christmas Eve. New Year.

During a press conference held entirely by videoconference – since he is in administrative segregation – António Costa explained the reasons which led the government to fulfill the “contract of confidence” with the Portuguese on the occasion of Christmas , maintaining what had been agreed.

On December 5, when the state of emergency measures that will be in effect until the 23rd were announced, the government argued that on New Year’s Eve, the curfew would be at 2 a.m. and only for municipalities considered to be at extreme risk. and very high transmission of the novel coronavirus.

“Given the current state of the pandemic, just after Christmas, it is necessary to make a big effort to contain it. We are all aware that no matter how much care is given to families, there will necessarily be an increase in infections after Christmas, ”he said.

As “several of our epidemiologists have repeatedly said”, explained the Prime Minister, “the higher” the level from which “the more the dimension of the wave” begins, and, in order “to avoid a strong growth of a wave in January ”, it is necessary, just after Christmas, to“ adopt measures ”.

“Fortunately, it is not necessary to apply the handbrake for Christmas, because I am convinced that all families will make the effort to organize themselves so that we can spend a Christmas carefully, but this handbrake had to be applied for the new year and I think that’s the right balance that is to allow more freedom for Christmas and then we have to have more restraint in celebrating the new year, ”he said defended.

On New Years Eve night from December 31 to January 1, it was decided that there will be a curfew from 11:00 p.m. and January 1, 02 and 03 from 1:00 p.m., the first announced today ‘hui -minister.

For you who visit us regularly, we have a special campaign.

Subscribe for

2 years

for only

€ 0.22

/

the week

RLDESC2020 – Use this code in

If you are already a subscriber, log in with your account. Login

“Contrary to what we announced 15 days ago […] we have to stop the New Year celebrations entirely, ”said António Costa after the Council of Ministers meeting.

Thus, the ban on driving on public roads is in effect from 11:00 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and from 1:00 p.m. on January 01, 02 and 03.

The measures apply to all municipalities in mainland Portugal.

Restaurants

In the field of catering, the Council of Ministers decided to maintain the opening hours of restaurants at Christmas, but chose to reduce them during the New Year, determining that they close at 10:30 p.m. on the 31st and at 1:00 p.m. on the 1st. , January 2 and 3.

The new schedules, announced today by the Prime Minister, aim to reduce the multiplication of contacts during the New Year period, by guarding against the additional risks of new infections that may result from the Christmas holidays.

Following the reassessment of the epidemiological situation in the country, the Council of Ministers decided today to review the opening hours of restaurants throughout the continental territory, establishing that, on December 31, operation is authorized. until 10:30 p.m. and January 01, 02 and 03 until 1:00 p.m., except for home deliveries.

The President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, today decreed the renewal of the state of emergency for 15 additional days, until January 7, this is the seventh time that the state of emergency has been declared in the current context of the covid-19 pandemic.

https://thetrustedchronicle.com/
Next Post

Figueiró dos Vinhos and Porto de Mós are at very high risk - Region of Leiria

The Council of Ministers this afternoon reassessed the epidemiological situation in the country and updated the list of municipalities at risk. In addition to maintaining the rules previously set for the Christmas period, it has increased the measures for the New Year period. However, this update and the respective measures […]

Subscribe US Now